Young children’s development depends on “hands on experiences” provided in the area of play. It is through play, an inborn ability, that children nourish their social, physical, intellectual, creative and emotional development (SPICE). The focus of the curriculum is to:
1. Build self confidence
2. Provide language growth
3. Encourage independence
4. Increase coordination (fine and gross motor)
5. Gain an awareness of “their” world by planting, cooking, working with magnets, etc.
6. Foster creativity and self expression (movement, art)
7. Develop basic concepts of shape, size, etc.
8. Promoting an awareness of many cultures
9. Encourage problem solving, literacy, and creative writing. All of this is accomplished via developmentally appropriate activities encompassing critical thinking and problem solving. The children are free to explore within a structured environment.
Policies & Procedures